Pregnancy Specific Aqua-Fitness Classes
About the class
Being pregnant should not stop you from maintaining your fitness. With my help, you can keep your body toned, fit and have a great pregnancy. If you are looking for fun and safe exercise program, my aqua-fitness class is for you.
Gabrielle offers a safe aqua class that pregnant women of any gestation can join into and enjoy. Each session is geared towards exercises suitable for your changing body. With my wealth of experience in health and fitness being a Registered Fitness Instructor with Fitness Australia for 30 years, specialising in pregnancy fitness classes you can expect only the best kind of group exercise session.
There are many benefits in doing exercises in water. It will keep you cool and help you carry your extra body weight. This will reduce backaches and eliminates common ailments like poor circulation, hip aches and pains, sore feet and ankles, oedema (swelling of the lower extremities and hands )constipation that pregnant women often experience. Water-aerobic exercises will also prepare you for a more positive birthing experience as they allow your pelvic joints to be stretched properly.
My aqua-fitness class focus is on:
- Muscular toning of the upper and lower body using buoyancy equipment, aqua dumbbells, and pool noodles to execute a variety of movements and exercises totally safe for the pregnant body
- Engaging core, stability and strength moving effectively through exercises with feet on the floor of the pool
- Repetition of movement to enhance aerobic fitness
- Stretching to maintain flexibility
- Relaxation. Each participant is assisted to back float around the pool to relaxation music
- Incidental positive childbirth education through discussions/open forum and the sharing of stories and information
- Fun-filled, friendly exercise environment
Pregnancy is much easier when you are fit and in good shape.
I am currently running an Aqua pregnancy specific class at Lasseters gym/pool in Alice springs
on THURSDAYS at 9am. Members and non-members welcome.Contact Us